Saturday, March 16, 2013

"Put this bag on your head"

Those were the words that came out of my husband's mouth, the night he gave me my birthday present. So there I sat, with a paper bag over my head wondering what in the heck he was giving me. What could he possibly have gotten me that would require me to wear a bag on my head? I mean, c'mon a bag...on my head...what the heck?  And then... "Remove the bag!"

 
There stood a stuffed beaver staring at me. It was love at first sight. I laughed like I've never laughed before. Usually I'm pretty good at figuring out what Hubs is planning. He got me good this time. The. Best. Birthday. Present. EVER!
 
"Trixie" and "The LargeMan" were here for the unveiling of my beaver. They had known about my gift way back at Christmas, when my Hubs started the planning.
Right away we set out to name the beaver. Many good, funny and innappropriate names were thrown into the ring. I liked Trixie's suggestion the best. It really "fit". And so I present to you... Todd. 
 
 
I later came up with the full and proper name, Woodrow Von Munchausen III, but you can call him "Todd". Isn't he cute? When Hubs planned out the pose, he consulted "Betty" as to how the beaver should be posed. Then Hubs discussed the idea with Dan, the taxidermist (see more of his work here). Hubs asked for the beaver to be standing, and look as though he is "talking to you or giving a speech". Mission accomplished. Todd looks as though at any moment he is going to come to life and start talking. It's like I'm living in Narnia.
 
3 days after my birthday is Hubs birthday. I created a party outfit for Todd to wish Hubs Happy Birthday.
 
 
 
 
True would like to sink her teeth into Todd.
 
 
Up next, St. Patty's Todd...
 
 
 
 
   
 
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Husband!