Monday, January 7, 2013

Merry and Bright

I may have come up with my new tag line "Be careful, the glue is still drying". That seems to be my ongoing theme.
 
 
For whatever reason, writing this entry to my blog has been quite a struggle. After many re-writes, I am choosing to go with the less is more approach. So very briefly, I made this book for Leah, one of my good friends, and lover of vintage Santa's.
  
 
 
I knew right away what to create with this discarded library book. A Christmas/Santa theme for Leah to hold her vintage Christmas cards.
 


 Just like the "Biscuit Bob" book, this library book already had a very neat patterned cover. I really only needed to add some Graphics Fairy images to add to the vintage look of the book.


 
Tickets adorn the spine, tinsel ribbon works as a great frame for the vintage image. Snow and sky were accented with glitter paint, as were the red holly berries.

 
 


 Extra images were added to the inside covers.
 
 
 
 
 
And as I handed the book to Leah..."Be careful, the glue is still drying"
 
 


No comments: