Thursday, July 12, 2012

And then she said "Look at this."...

Had a great day at "Mom Camp" digging through "junque stores", eating "junque food" and witnessing a young mom back her minivan into a beautiful, little, illegally parked MG convertible.

Here are my treasures...
One of my favorite games as a child was Chinese checkers. I found this metal game board to adorn my family room wall.

Another throw back to my childhood days.


Game pieces for jewelry?


Animals for assemblages.


I have always wanted an old box camera. It can be great for display, but I do want to research further and try to get some film. Anyone who can point me in the right direction, please comment or send me an email.


Time to rewind a little. Here is the front of the shop with a "lovely lady", in an unnatural pose, wearing a vintage dress. The seemingly endless store had dressed mannequins positioned throughout the spaces. I'm not a fan of mannequins, it felt a little like the movie "I Am Legend".




One hour into the store,(mind you, not quite halfway through) my partner in crime, Betty Bricolage says uneasily "Look at this" she is holding this little guy...brace yourself, you can't "un-see" this...

(scroll slowly)

proceed with caution...



(Cue the slasher movie music)
He is flopping in her hands like a dead baby chimp with staring eyes. "Oh look, they have a girl too."


There is a lady sitting in an office just on the other side of this wall, so we are trying not to be too loud. Luckily, I had my camera with me... 

You're welcome.



Oh, I did get Betty back by pointing this out to her...


Sweet dreams!









1 comment:

elle squared said...

I can deal with the monkeys----just barely----but the clown? Really?? (I thought we were friends. . . . .) :-)