Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I Have The Sweetest Beaver

Yesterday marked the first ever Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness day. I belong to a couple of TN support groups requesting we wear teal to help raise awareness of this syndrome. The groups also suggested we post any photos showing the various ways we used the color teal. Some people arranged to have various bridges or monuments shed in teal lights for the night. Niagara Falls even turned teal to mark the day. My husband surprised me with a flower delivery to let me know he cared. The flowers were not teal, but I still love him for marking this day in some manner. I also had another family member that joined in to mark this day and help raise awareness.
 
 
Todd, the sweetest beaver ever, donned a teal ribbon to help raise awareness. I am the luckiest gal in the world to have such a loving beaver.
 
 
Did you happen to notice the card reads "Happy ATN. Love, Phil". What the? So does this mean he's actually happy that I have Atypical TN? I think I need to make my own husband "aware" I am not "happy" I have this horrible syndrome. He tried blaming the florist, but why would the florist be happy I'm in pain? I guess I shall choose to believe him this time.
 
 
Take time to stop and smell the roses, or in this case the daisies.
 
I wish you all many pain-free days.
 
 
 

1 comment: