Friday, June 7, 2013

Field Trip!

It's official, I have chaperoned my last field trip, for my little Sasquatch. He's movin' on to middle school, next year. *sniffle, sniffle* Enough of that sappy stuff, we had a great time touring Niagara Falls, NY... and so did Sasquatch's classmates...
 
 
Aaaahhhhhh! There is a squid on your head! I adore this little whirling dervish.
 
 
Our first stop was at the Niagara Aquarium to see the Sea Lion Show. I was privileged to spend the day with my close friend, "Betty" and her son, "Dirt Boy". Betty had warned me that Dirt Boy would not be happy unless we see "everything". As we approached the walkway to the aquarium, Dirt Boy announced "There are 700 species here and I want to see them all."
 
 
The frogs looked to be plastic, until they moved.
 
 
This guy was happily cruising around in the sun.
 
 
Dirt Boy said "I think they have a dead one in there." One of the Harbour Seals was sleeping at the bottom. He/she did appear to be dead, until the flipper moved.
 
 
From the aquarium we walked along the gorge towards our next stop, The Maid of The Mist.
 
 
I love these views from under the Rainbow Bridge. Funny, it's not very colorful.
 
 
Sasquatch and Dirt Boy, burning the skin off of their legs, to pose for a picture.
 
 
Score! We found a survey pin.
 
 
I just LOVE to use my miniature setting on my camera for these kinds of views.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bring on the Maid of the Mist! 
 
 
 
 
 
Didn't anyone read the sign?
 
 
 
Where's Sasquatch?
 
 
 
I spy with my little eye...
 
 
Little blue "ants" boarding the Maid of the Mist.
 
 
 
5th grade boy humor... "it says butt!"
 
Just as I was going to crawl over the railing for a better view...
 
Strangely, the cobwebs all over the emergency phone gave me great comfort.
 
How many birds are in this photo?
 
 
We saved the Cave of the Winds for last...
 
...and then we ran back to the bus like a pack of drowned rats. I treasure days like this, spending time with my Sasquatch while he still wants to hang out with mom. My days are numbered.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: