Monday, September 24, 2012

"Trixie's" Birthday Present

What do you get for the girl who "shits glamour" according to one of her friends?  Why a one of a kind mixed media creation from me, of course.
 
I bought a book by Cher to repurpose into this spell book. The spine was already black and the book cover was a beautiful pumpkin color. I decoupaged some white tissue paper with black polka dots over the cover. Then brushed on green and purple paint and wiped off the excess. A little watered down gesso dulled the look a bit.
 
 
I found all of these awesome images from The Graphics Fairy. Minus the cauldron and type.
 
 
 
I love, love love the paisley paper. Look closley at the skull and crossbones.
 
 
For the "by Trixie & Gypsie" type I attempted a Gel medium transfer. I think it worked pretty well for my first attempt.
 
A skeleton head skeleton key completes the back cover.
 
I presented the gift to "Trixie" last week, she loved it. Today I borrowed it back as I forgot to take photos. I guess I was too excited to remember to take any photos. The inside of the book on Cher is untouched... or is it? Trixie will have a little surprise when the book is returned.
 
 


No comments: